Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Open Close - Attend Open House on October 23
Exterior of the Wellness Learning Center

Immunization Requirements

Husson University requires the submission of official immunization records prior to enrollment.

As required by Maine State Law, Husson University requires all students born after December 31, 1956 to provide the following proof of immunization:

  • One (1) dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td or Tdap) received within the last ten (10) years.
  • Two (2) doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) received after (not on) the first birthday. If measles immunization was done prior to 1968, students must provide proof it was done with a live virus.

Maine State law requires this information and your cooperation in supplying these documents is mandatory. Husson University also requires proof of immunization against:

  • COVID-19

While not required, it is HIGHLY recommended to get a vaccination against the following diseases:

  • Hepatitis B
  • Pertussis (Included in a Tdap vaccination)
  • Varicella
  • Meningococcal Quadrivalent (especially for students living in residence halls)

Please obtain copies of your immunization records and conveniently upload them via your student portal using our Upload Immunizations link, fax them to our office at 207.941.7866 or mail to: Student Health Services, 1 College Circle, Bangor, ME 


Official Immunization Records

Immunization records must indicate the date of immunization and are REQUIRED to be signed or stamped from one of the following sources:

  • Healthcare provider
  • High school
  • Military base
  • Previous college

Titer tests with positive results for immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella are accepted as long as they are signed or stamped and clearly indicate immunity to all three diseases.


Have questions about Immunizations?

For immunization documents and exemptions forms scroll to the bottom of this page.

Direct any immunization questions to Student Health Services at (207) 941-7625 or via email to

For COVID-19 specific questions call 207.992.1919

For non-immunization, health-related questions or on-campus medical needs, please call (207) 941-7625.

If you are in need of a vaccination, please contact the Bangor Immunization Clinic at 207-992-4548, or your primary care provider.

For a list of COVID-19 Vaccination sites, please follow this link.


Tetanus, Diphtheria and MMR Immunizations: 

Maine State Law (22-MRSA§6359) amendment 10-144 DHHS requires all full-time and degree seeking part time post-secondary school students born after 1956 to show proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus and diphtheria. The copy of your immunization records must include the following:

1. Two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)

2. Tetanus and diphtheria vaccine that has been given within the last 10 years. If only a tetanus shot has been given within the last 5 years you may be temporarily exempt from the diphtheria requirement.

You must be re-immunized if your tetanus/diphtheria vaccine is out of date. You must also show proof of two MMR shots. History of having the disease is not sufficient. A blood titer may be drawn to prove immunity if the student prefers that to immunization or if a medical record is not available. A copy of your laboratory titer report must be sent with your other immunization records.

LD 798 Implementation, Effective September 1, 2021
In May of 2019, LD 798 was signed into law which removes both philosophical exemptions and religious exemptions for tetanus and diphtheria as well as measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) inoculations. Exemptions are still allowed for students who have a compelling medical issue or who have an Individual Education Plan and a philosophical or religious exemption that was in place prior to September 1, 2021. COVID-19 is not included in LD 798 for the 2021-2022 school year so medical and religious exemptions are allowed for the coronavirus.

It must be understood that all students who are exempt for any reason will be required to leave the university if there is an outbreak of any disease for which an exemption has been given.

Please send copies of records, not originals, as immunization records cannot be returned.