Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Satisfactory Academic Progress Warning

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards ensure that each student is successfully completing their coursework and can continue to receive financial aid. The U.S. Department of Education requires that ALL students who receive financial assistance make real and measurable progress in the academic program in which they are enrolled. Husson University must establish, publish and apply standards to monitor each students’ progress toward completing their degree program. SAP affects all federal and state aid, as well as most forms of need-based institutional aid, including the Husson employee tuition waiver

SAP Warning Form and Policy:

SAP Warning

SAP Policy


How often is my progress checked?

SAP is reviewed at the end of every Fall, Spring and Summer semesters for all students.

What is a Financial Aid Warning?

If you fail to meet the required minimum GPA and/or completion standards, you will be placed on a SAP Warning for one semester. You may still receive financial aid during your Warning semester.

  • If you attain the required GPA and/or completed credits percentage standards by the end of your Warning term, you will no longer be on a SAP Warning.
  • If you fail to meet the required minimum GPA and/or credit hour completion rate at the end of your Warning term, you will be disqualified from using financial aid in subsequent semesters.

What is a Financial Aid Disqualification?

If you were placed on SAP Warning in a previous semester and continued to fall below minimum requirements at the end of that Warning term, you will be placed on SAP Disqualification, causing the loss of financial aid eligibility going forward. You will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of your SAP Disqualification. You have two options on a SAP Disqualification:

  • You may appeal the Disqualification (details on next page)
  • You may continue without the benefits of financial aid. You will still be responsible for finding a way to pay your student account charges if you decide not to appeal. Other ways to pay include a payment plan or private education student loans (