Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
An aerial view of the Husson University campus

Transfer Student FAQ's

1. What transcripts must be sent?

Send official copies of all of your college transcripts from all former colleges and universities. A final transcript must also be sent upon completion of any courses in progress. Students are also required to send official High School Transcripts.

2. Where do I send my transcripts?

Official transcripts should be sent directly to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Husson University
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401.

3. Do I need to finish a degree at a community college before applying?

Students are eligible to apply to Husson University without the completion of a degree from a community college. However, transfer credits will be evaluated on an individual basis.

4. When should I transfer?

You are eligible to apply to Husson University as a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and subsequently completed a minimum of 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours during a regular term, or at a regionally accredited college or university. Contact the Admissions office to discuss the best time to transfer based on your transfer credits, major interest, and intended graduation timeline.

5. Can my transfer credits be reviewed before admission?

Husson can provide students with an unofficial evaluation before admission to give them an idea of what will be able to transfer in, and how many course they have left to take in their program. Students can contact the Admissions office for more information.

6. How many credits can I transfer?

For the latest policy on transfer credits, follow this link.

7. What about AP, CLEP or credits from a different school?

Students must send their official scores for AP, and/or CLEP to Husson University. Information about the Husson equivalents for AP or CLEP exam scores is available on the Husson website (