Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Eagle Alert: Admission Deposit Deadline, June 1, 2024

Admitted for Fall 2024? Pay your deposit to secure your spot in the next incoming class! 

An aerial view of the Husson University campus

Student Employment

Welcome to Student Employment

The Office of Student Employment at Husson University is responsible for the operations of the Work-Study program on campus. We assist students in finding and applying for on-campus jobs.

Part-time student employment can be an important part of your experience at Husson University. Not only does this opportunity provide students financial assistance, it also provides a wonderful opportunity to gain connections, develop skills and grow their resume.

The Federal Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work part-time and earn a paycheck. If a student qualifies, Federal Work-Study is awarded as part of the students' financial aid package. This award can be found on the students' FA award letter. The total amount awarded is what the student is eligible to earn for the academic year and is based on information provided on the FAFSA.

Husson Work-Study (i.e. Job Bank) funding is set aside for students who were not awarded Federal Work Study. There are no differences in the job opportunities for students earning from Husson Work Study.

Assistantships for graduate students provide outstanding students with the opportunity of gaining financial resources to help them complete their degree while expanding their resume. GA positions offer varying education and professional benefits and help develop professional skills in the student's field of study.

The office of Student Employment is located in Peabody Hall, Room 281 and offers services to students who wish to work while they attend school. Whether a student has been awarded Federal Work-study or not, the office of Student Employment is available to help you search for on-campus work. Off-campus community service opportunities may also be available; please see Student Employment office for more detail.

Employment Opportunities - How to get started

The Student Employment Google site provides instructions for how to get started, what to do once you find a job, and the necessary paperwork, ID, and trainings needed prior to beginning work. Please be advised you are not permitted to work until all processes have been completed with the Student Employment Office.

For on-campus employment opportunities please view the up-to-date job postings on the Husson's intranet site EagleConnect.

Follow this link and navigate to Student Employment found in the left-hand navigation.

This lists all of the available positions for students on Husson University's campus. To apply for an available position, review the posted job description, fill out the attached application and take it to the department supervisor listed in the job description. Due to the competitive nature of the student employment process, it is advised to apply early.

1. What is Federal Work Study?
Federal Work Study is an award administered by the Financial Aid Office to students who have financial need. It is awarded based upon information from the student's FAFSA. The award allows students the opportunity to obtain a job on campus for which there is a job posting.

2. How much money can I earn?

You can earn no more than the amount of Federal Work Study that you were awarded.

3. I am an international student. Can I have a job on campus?
Yes. In fact, due to the stipulations of your student visa, on campus is the only place you can work. You are not permitted to have a job off campus in the community. Please see the Student Employment office directly for exact instructions.

For more information

Phone and Email Address
Student Employment Student Employment

281 Peabody Hall
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401