Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
An aerial view of the Husson University campus

ECAP (High School Students)

Begin Your College Career Early

Get a head start on your college degree while saving time and money. Through Husson’s Early College Access Program (ECAP), rising high school juniors and seniors can enroll in college courses to earn credits that can count toward a degree program. ECAP is offered to domestic students in the following states: ME, NH, VT, NY, MA, CT, RI, MD, NJ and PA.

Save money. Courses are tuition-free for ECAP students.

Save time. By applying your credits to your program of choice when you attend college, you can potentially graduate earlier.

Apply for ECAP Program Request Additional Information
students working in the classroom

Program Application Requirements

  • ECAP is available to high school rising juniors and seniors, or equivalent.
  • Qualified students may start in the Summer semester between their. sophomore and junior years, and participate through the Spring semester of their senior year (just prior to graduation).
  • Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 80 or equivalent.
  • Requires a High School principal or school counselor initial approval.
  • Students seeking to enroll in a 7-week accelerated course must have a minimum GPA of 90 or equivalent and have a high school counselor’s recommendation.

What Am I Responsible For?

Once you’ve been accepted into ECAP, you may enroll in up to two courses per semester for a maximum total of 25 credits for a total of 24 months. Enrollment in courses is dependent on space availability. Some courses may have prerequisites that you’ll be required to meet.

  • Purchasing the textbook(s) used in each course.
  • Complying with Husson University academic and student life policies.
  • Transportation to and from class.

The University reserves the right to cancel any course due to low enrollment. At the completion of each course, Husson University will create an official transcript noting the completed enrollment.

Request a transcript

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information

Phone and Email Address
Karen Curtis Karen Curtis
Early College Access (ECAP) Coordinator
214B Peabody Hall
Husson University
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401