Women’s Philanthropy Council Purpose
To lead engagement efforts that inspire women to give of their time, talent, and resources to Husson University and to develop women leaders in philanthropy today and for generations to come. To motivate, encourage, and advocate for women to publicly support the University.
Benefits of Women’s Philanthropy Council Membership:
• The opportunity to take part in Husson University’s mission to transform students’ lives.
• The opportunity to learn more about Husson and its programs.
• The opportunity to be involved in building a community of women passionate about Husson University.
• The opportunity to create and participate in meaningful Husson University events.
We ask members to:
• Attend Women’s Philanthropy Council meetings and events.
• Offer support to your specific area(s) of interest at Husson University.
• Become involved with mentoring Husson University’s future generations of women leaders and philanthropists.
Husson University Mission Statement
Husson University inspires and prepares students for professional careers in current and emerging fields within the context of an education informed by the sciences and humanities.
We achieve this career preparation by supporting and emphasizing:
• Outstanding teaching.
• Scholarly contributions to one's discipline or field of expertise.
• An undergraduate and graduate curriculum that is challenging, relevant, and promotes critical thinking skills, self-confidence and strong communication skills.
• Commitment to ethical behavior and social responsibility through involvement in the world by faculty and students, administrators and staff, board members, and involved citizenship as a university.
• Lifelong learning to prepare students professionally and personally for the challenges of a constantly changing world.
• A diverse cultural and global perspective achieved through student development and experiential learning opportunities that reinforces our commitment to a strong academic community.
• Careful management and stewardship of University resources.
Adopted by the Husson University Board of Trustees October 2, 2011