What is Husson University's New Student Orientation all about?
Husson University's New Student Orientations are events designed to provide newly enrolled students with the information they need to successfully transition into their higher education experience. Orientations are coordinated through Husson's Center for Student Success (OASIS). University offices are open on these days to assist students with any individual needs.
Why should I attend a Husson University New Student Orientation?
Students report that attending orientation alleviates concerns and provides an opportunity to take care of any "loose ends" before the semester begins. Orientation is the first step along the journey to a higher education degree.
I am an international student, what is my schedule like?
International students have an extended orientation schedule. In addition to the offerings on January 16th, all international students attend orientation events tailored specifically to them on January 12th and January 13th. For any questions, international students should contact Taryn Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207.941.7621.
What if I am unable to attend?
If you are unable to attend New Student Orientation, be sure to check with staff and offices on campus that you might need as soon as you arrive on campus to prepare yourself for success. Offices like financial aid and student accounts, as well as your advisor and professors, are all resources for you. The staff of OASIS is on campus year round to assist students with any needs they might have. We're all here to serve you. You're not an interruption to our work, you're the reason for it!
When should I register?
Registration is now open and you can register by clicking on the "Register Now" link and completing the registration form. When we recieve your registration, we will email you a confirmation and a schedule for the day.
New Student Orientation & Move-in Schedule
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 = International students arrive on campus, move into the residence halls and begin their orientation.
- Friday, January 13, 2017 = International student orientation.
- Saturday, January 14, 2017 = No events.
- Sunday, January 15, 2017 = No events; all remaining new students move into the residence halls.
- Monday, January 16, 2017 = Orientation day for all new students; returning, upperclass students move into residence halls.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017 = Classes begin.