Husson University's campuses in Westbrook, Presque Isle and Bangor will be closed on January 27.
About Husson University
- Husson is in Bangor, a small city of about 33,000 people.
- Bangor is in Maine, a popular tourist destination, famous for its forests, coastline, seafood, and blueberries!
- Maine is in New England, a northeast region rich with history, natural beauty, and good food.
More about Husson
- Husson University inspires and prepares students for professional careers in current and emerging fields.
- Your meals will be at the Dickerman Dining Center.
- You will live in the LEEDS-certified Darling Learning Center.
- You will have access to the fitness facilities at Husson, including the Swan Center.
More about Bangor
- "Bangor has one of the lowest urban crime rates in the United States."
- The Queen City is between the mountains and the coast, 250 miles north of Boston, and 250 miles east of Quebec City.
- World-famous writer Stephen King calls Bangor his home.
More about Maine
- Maine is large in area, but small in population (1.3 million), so it is full of natural beauty with forests, coastline, Mountains, and more.
- About 20 million tourists visit Maine every summer to experience the beautiful environment and breathe the clean air.
- Maine is best known for its lobsters http://www.gmallenwildblueberries.com/ and blueberries, but there are a lot of other unique foods people enjoy in Maine, including Moxie and whoopie pies.
Adjusting from city life to "the countryside"
- If you're from a big city, living here for a month might seem strange at first.
- There aren't a lot of tall buildings here, and there ARE a lot of trees.
- It can get pretty dark at night, and that means you can see more stars. Do you like to watch the stars and think about life in our universe?
- We have public (buses) in Bangor, but they come less often than in big cities.