How Can I Support My Son/Daughter In Their Career Decision-Making?
- Encourage exploration of subjects and activities
- Encourage them to participate in campus activities
- Help them clarify their strengths, interests, skills, and values
- Let them advocate for themselves
- Encourage them to do an internship or gain experience
- Help them develop connections to professionals if you can
- Encourage early and often use of Career Services
Click this link to download an extensive list of recommendations on how to use Career Services over the four years at Husson.
Article for Parents on Supporting Career Decision Making
Click on this link to download an article by Sally Kearsley about how you can support your student in the career planning process.
Career Services Tip Sheets
Click on this link to see guides on resumes, cover letters, interviewing, networking, using social media, and many more.
Other Ways You Can Support All Husson Students
- Post jobs or internships: Click this link to post jobs or internships on our Husson Eagle Career Link (through NACELink/Symplicity). You can post jobs just to Husson students or pick the Multiple School Option and you can post your job to nearly 1000 schools on the NACELink system. NACE provides this service at a slight charge. If you post just to Husson there is no charge.
- Become a mentor for current students: Click this link to sign-up on the Husson Professional Network where students can find mentors in career fields of interest. You can share your time and expertise with current students as an informational source about your industry, job, or career field. Students can learn from you by doing informational interviews to help them develop their career interests.
For more information
Career Services Staff
|Name||Phone and Email||Address|
Director of Career Services
Cell: 207.740.6407 firstname.lastname@example.org
|203 Peabody Hall
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401
Office: 207.404.5618 email@example.com
203 Peabody Hall
203 Peabody Hall