What is Husson University New Student Orientation all about?
Husson University's New Student Orientation are events designed to provide newly enrolled students with the information they need to successfully transition into their higher education experience. Orientations are coordinated through the Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services (OASIS) and feature separate strands of programming for students and those who accompany them. University offices are also open on these days to assist students with any individual needs.
Why should I attend a Husson University New Student Orientation?
During the summer of 2014, over 90% of our incoming class of students attended a New Student Orientation day. Comments ranged from "I met a student in my major and we've decided to be roommates!" to "I feel like I'm a Husson student now!" Students agree that attending New Student Orientation was a positive step along the journey to a higher education degree.
I'm an international student, what is my schedule like?
We have an exciting and unique schedule of events that help international students acclimate themselves to the campus and life in the United States. Contact Andrius Ksikvas (firstname.lastname@example.org, 207.941.7156) for more details or any questions you might have.
What if I am unable to attend?
If you cannot make it to the orientation for new students, be sure to check with any of the various people and offices on campus you might need as soon as you can so you can prepare yourself for success, like financial aid, the bookstore, and the professors for your classes. We're all here to serve you. You're not an interruption to our work, you're the reason for it!
Upcoming New Student Orientation Dates
- Monday, January 19, 2015 for all Spring 2015 semester incoming students
- Tuesday, June 23, 2015 All students admitted into the New England School of Communications
- Wednesday, June 24, 2015 All students admitted into the College of Health & Education
- Thursday, June 25, 2015 All students admitted into the College of Business
- Friday, June 26, 2015 All students admitted into the School of Science & Humanities, including those who are interested in pharmacy and those who have yet to declare an area of interest (Undeclared)
- Saturday, July 25, 2015 Make-Up day for any admitted students who were unable to attend their school-specific New Student Orientation