The Department of Physical Therapy at Husson University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). PTCAS allows PT applicants to use a single Web-based application and one set of materials to apply to multiple PT programs. Applicants must follow all PTCAS and program-specific instructions when applying to graduate Physical Therapy programs which use the PTCAS application system.
Graduate DPT Applicants for Fall 2015 Entry
Graduate student applicants applying for fall 2015 entry into the three-year DPT program must apply online through PTCAS, the Central Application Service for Physical Therapy programs. PTCAS applications for Fall 2015 will be accepted at www.ptcas.org beginning July 1, 2014. Please apply early as it is time consuming to collect your supporting application materials.
Husson University has adopted a rolling admissions process. Completed PTCAS applications will be reviewed starting on January 20, 2015 and will continue until the close of applications on April 1, 2015. Later applications will be considered for admissions on a space available basis. Accepted applicants will be notified and invited to attend an information session (or one of two information sessions) during April or May 2015. Official transcripts showing evidence of completion of a Bachelor's degree must be sent to Husson's Graduate Admissions Office by the program's start date in August.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- meet or exceed a 25% minimum GRE score on all three tests: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing
- have successfully completed the following pre-requisite courses with a minimum grade of C:
- Introductory Statistics (3 credits)
- General Psychology (3 credits)
- Anatomy with lab (4 credits)
- Physiology with lab (4 credits)
- May take Anatomy and Physiology I and II to meet anatomy and physiology requirements (8 credits)
- Chemistry I and II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics I and II with labs (8 credits)
- Two Biology courses (6 credits)
- Upper level Psychology (3 credits), such as Abnormal, Development or Child Psychology
Applicants must submit the following items to PTCAS:
- Application with application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college or university work
- Official GRE transcript of test score taken within 5 years of application
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a physical therapist or employer and one from a past instructor
- Physical Therapy observation hours verification
- One essay responding to PTCAS prompt
- One supplemental essay on one of the following topics:
--Topic one: Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.
--Topic two: Describe a major problem or challenge that you have encountered and the ways in which you dealt with it.
--Topic three: Newton's First Law of Motion states that an object in motion tends to stay in motion in the same direction unless acted upon by an external force. Tell us about an external influence (a person, an event, etc.) that affected you and how it caused you to change direction.
Limit your essay to no more than two typed pages, double spaced. The essay will be evaluated on organization, clarity, grammar, and punctuation, as well as content. Please include the topic at the top of your essay. Email the completed supplemental essay to PT@Husson.edu
Click here to download "Essential Requirements of Physical Therapy Education at Husson University."
All candidates should be aware that, following graduation from the Husson University Physical Therapy Program, the State of Maine may not issue a physical therapist license to a person with a prior conviction of a felony (Class A, B or C crime), which is defined as a crime that is punishable by one year or more of imprisonment (Maine Physical Therapist Practice Act, Chapter 45-A, 32 Â§ 3117-A).
For more information
|Name||Phone and Email||Address|
Office Manager, School of Physical Therapy
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401