Core Program Goals for the Husson University M.Ed.
- Support integration of content, pedagogy, research, and theory to build on experience and address individual areas of interest and need, while being responsive to the social, behavioral, and academic needs of students;
- Develop knowledge, abilities, and dispositions with regard to teaching techniques, curriculum design, assessment practices, and student social, behavioral, and academic learning needs as a basis for informed decision-making in the classroom; and
- Enhance abilities to engage in self-reflection which yields purposeful opportunities for professional learning and improvement regarding what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do.
- Increase proficiency in the analysis and use of student data to improve instruction and programming.
- Enhance proficiency in the integration of technology in teaching, learning, and professional development; and
- Foster commitment to ethical behavior and social responsibility in decision-making.