For a student to accept their financial aid offer, there are forms and processes that must be completed. This information is provided with the financial aid letter that is mailed to incoming students. For students who have misplaced this paperwork, we have provided the forms below. Your award letter indicates which specific documents are required. If you have lost your financial aid letter, please contact our office to receive a copy of the letter. Please note that these forms are just for new incoming students.
New Incoming and Returning Students Forms - 2016/2017
Statement of Identity - read directions carefully on this document, if unable to present in person with valid ID, you may get the document notorized and then mail us the original.
If you still have questions about documents please contact our office. Deadline for returning for the 2016-2017 academic year is June 18th, 2016 so that your financial aid will show up on your first Billing Statement. You may submit these documents to us via email: email@example.com (please make sure it is a complete and readable copy), fax: 207-941-7935, or mail: Attn: Financial Aid, 1 College Circle, Bangor ME 04401.
William D. Ford Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Interview Directions
If you are a current student and receiving a notice that you are missing the Entrance Interview that means you may not have completed it previously. Please complete it and we will get the information via electronic notification.
Every student at Husson University must complete a master promissory note (MPN) and entrance interview regardless if they have borrowed loans before at another school. Please follow the instructions below to complete this process.
1. Please go to www.studentloans.gov, and sign in.
2. Under "Choose Loan Counseling Type" select "Entrance Counseling"
3. Select Husson University as the school you are completing counseling for.
4. Click "I am completing entrance counseling in order to receive loans as an undergraduate student."
5. Once you complete the Entrance Counseling PRINT the confirmation page.
6. Click "You can Submit a Master Promissory Note"(MPN).
7. Click on Subsidized/Unsubsidized.
8. Fill in all Personal Information and School Information as requested.
9. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE DIRECTIONS IN THE GRAY BOX AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE when completing the references section of your MPN. Failure to provide valid references will result in a rejection of your MPN, and a delay in your loan funds.
10. You must read each section of the terms and conditions to continue.
11. You must open and review the HTML version of the document. When you return back to original screen, enter your name at the bottom of the screen. Click Sign. Then Click Continue.
12. In the last screen, PRINT the Master Promissory Note to keep for your records.
You do not need to send us the documents - we get electronically notified when you complete the MPN and Entrance Interview.