Request for Certification

Request for Certification

A new Certification of Enrollment Request must be submitted each term that you want to use your VA educational benefits. This "cert" request should be submitted upon registration for the term you wish to have certified. Late submissions or those with inaccurate information may cause a delay in VA benefit payments.

Students are encouraged to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before the term begins.  The FAFSA should be re-submitted each year and prior to the University priority deadline of April 15th.

X Grade Policy:  If you stop attending a class, and do not officially withdraw, you could receive a grade of "X," which means denial of credit due to excessive absences. This is reported to the VA and will likely result in a substantial VA debt for you.  Please review the Attendance
before you submit your request.

PLEASE READ: To send this request to the school certifying official, please remember to click the "Submit" button at the end of the webform. Submitting this form does NOT guarantee a VA payment, as the VA determines eligibility and benefits. Also, unsatisfactory attendance or academic progress can make you ineligible for VA benefits.

QUESTIONS: If you have any questions while filling out this request, please call 207-941-7081.

Fields marked with * are required.

Contact Information

* Please do not use your social security number. Your student ID number can be found under the student schedule via your student portal. The ID number is seven digits long and starts with a zero.

GI Bill Information

Is this your initial request or a change to a previous request for this term?

If you are not admitted to a degree plan yet, please put undeclared.

Have you submitted your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Husson?

Note: If you have previously received a COE and have misplaced it you can call the VA at 1.888.442.4551, prompt 1, then prompt 0, to request another one be sent to you. The School Certifying Official can only certify one term to the VA without a COE.


Do you plan to use Military Tuition Assistance (Yes or No)?


You must fill in at least the first box below FOR EXAMPLE: EH 200, Approaches to Literature, 3 Credits

Course information is listed on your Student Portal. Please put one course in each field (box) below. If you run out of boxes, add the additional information in the "Remarks" box at the bottom of the webform.

Finalize Submission

By submitting this form, you are confirming that you understand the Husson policy as it relates to "X" grades. If there are any comments you want to add to this "cert" request, please type them in the "Remarks" box below. PLEASE NOTE: It is the student's responsibility to notify the SCO of any changes in their enrollment status, to include drops/adds/changes or a change in major.

Please fill out the reCAPTCHA box below and click Submit.