Apply online at www.commonapp.org
Both first-year and transfer applicants are admitted by rolling admission. Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee as soon as they are complete, and applicants are typically notified of a decision within three weeks. Because some programs fill early, it is advisable to complete applications by January 31. Candidates for programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Pharmacy must be aware that these programs are highly competitive, have a small number of openings each year, and may be filled before January 1. Please refer to specific programs for admission requirements at www.husson.edu
In addition to the admission requirements outlined in the application for admission, first-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
Annual Cost of Attendance 2015-2016
- Application Fee - No application fee for International Students!
- Tuition (standard) - $16,200.00
- Room and Meals (standard) - $8,900.00
- Suite Room Upgrade Fee (limited availability) - $700.00
- Health Insurance (students may submit proof of personal coverage) - $1,600.00
- International Students Services Fee - $1000.00
- Comprehensive Fee - $400.00
- Parking fee (for students with vehicles on campus) $75.00
- Estimated indirect costs (books, personal supplies, travel) $2,500.00
Upon acceptance, all first-year and transfer international students will be asked to submit a $500.00 deposit, which will be applied to the first semester tuition. The deposit is refundable until May 1 for those entering in the fall semester. Deposits received after May 1 are non-refundable.
The Presidential Global Scholarship is available to all first-year international students. Students may be eligible for awards from $1,000 to $10,000. Every applicant is screened for eligibility based upon merit criteria that include grade point average, test scores, leadership, and service. Scholarships are renewable based upon maintaining a 2.5 grade point average and good school citizenship. Students must submit all application materials by January 1 to be considered for any level of the Presidential Global Scholarship.
International Students interested in transferring to Husson University must have a minimum grade point average of 2.4, (based on a 4.0 scale) to be considered for admission. Specific programs may have differing requirements.
Health records, Immunizations and Health Insurance
All students are required to submit proof of health insurance with a US based carrier. Students may purchase a plan through Husson University. The State of Maine requires proof of specific immunizations before students may attend classes. Upon acceptance, students will receive health and immunization forms to be completed by a licensed physician.
Residence and meal information will be sent to accepted applicants in April. Information will include directions to campus, room information, suggestions for packing, climate and weather information, and suggested accommodations for students who must arrive before residence halls open. Roommate information will be sent in July. All full-time first and second year undergraduates must live in university housing unless they are married or living with family, within an approximate 30 mile radius of campus.
International Student Application Admission Information
- International Admissions +1 207 941 7014 email@example.com
- International Student Services +1 207 941 7621 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Accounts/Payment Information +1 207 941 7150 email@example.com
- International Initiatives +1 207 404 5640 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa and SEVIS Inquiries +1 207 941 7085 email@example.com
- Technology and Information Resources +1 207 941 7790 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing +1 207 941 7700 ResLife@husson.edu
- Athletics +1 207 941 7026 email@example.com
- Student Activities +1 207 941 7680 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Services +1 207 941 7625 email@example.com
|Name||Phone and Email||Address|
Director of International Initiatives
|121 O'Donnell Commons
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401
Visa Immigration Advising
|204 Peabody Hall
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401