Gaining Experience Through Internships
An internship is a paid or unpaid work experience in a professional field of your choice. Internships are important for the following reasons:
- Gain exposure to a particular field.
- Learn about your own likes, dislikes, interests, values, and work environments that you prefer.
- Build your skills, experience, and resume.
- Attain the soft skills necessary to be successful in the workplace.
- Expand your network of contacts and gain professional references.
- Develop insight into what skills, abilities, and qualities employers want.
Click here to download the Internship Tip Sheet to learn how to start a successful internships search
In addition, during your internship search you will have to develop a resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills that will be good training for your senior year job search. Click on the links above to download the different guides that will help you develop these skills.
Some programs at Husson will assist you with finding internships in the field--please check your program's webpages for additional information that may be offered.
For more information
||Phone and Email||Address|
Director of Career Services
| 201 Peabody Hall
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401