Sawyer Library's online catalog, Minerva, has access to more than just the collections in our own library. The online request function allows registered borrowers to make online requests for materials from other Minerva libraries, including the Community Colleges, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Thomas College and many public libraries. Requested materials are delivered to Sawyer Library for the patron to pick up.
Husson faculty, staff and registered students may use the online request function. Patrons who obtain a library courtesy card from Sawyer library may also use the online request function and must pick up materials at the library.
Requesting from other Minerva Libraries
Enter your name and patron barcode number from the back of your library card beginning with HUS for Husson. EXAMPLE: Jane Doe HUS90007233 *If you don't have your library card, call 941-7188 to get your barcode number.
You will receive a message confirming that your request for the item has been sent to the library. Your request will be answered by the lending library and the book will be sent to the Sawyer library. If the lending library is unable to send the book you will be notified.
Requesting from MaineCat Libraries
Search Sawyer Library's online catalog, Minerva. If no Minerva library has what you need, click the Search MaineCat button at the top of the screen.
You can search exactly as you do in Minerva. When you find an item you would like to request:
- click the Display Holdings link to see which libraries own the item. Be sure the status says Available, then click the Request This Item link.
- Choose Husson as your library affiliation from the drop-down list.
- Click "Submit Above Information."
- Enter your name and patron barcode number from the back of your library card beginning with HUS for Husson. EXAMPLE: Jane Doe HUS90007233 *If you don't have your library card, call 941-7188 to get your barcode number.
- Click Submit. Your request will be answered by the lending library and the item will be sent to the Sawyer library. If the lending library is unable to send the book, you will be notified.
When you are finished with materials, please return them to the Sawyer Library and we will send them back to the lending library. If you return items late, you are responsible for all overdue notices, fines and bills from the lending library.
Remember, if you are unable to find or request an item via the online catalog, you can still request it through Sawyer Library by filling out an Interlibrary Loan Request Form. Forms can be picked up at the library's circulation desk.
You can renew materials that you have checked out by:
- clicking on the Patron Record button on the Minerva search page. Enter your name and barcode number from the back of your Library card beginning with HUS for Husson in the spaces provided, then click the "Submit" button.
- Click the "Items Currently Checked Out" link. Check the box near to each title you wish to renew and click the "Renew Selected Items" button.
- You should check to see that the item was actually renewed, with a new due date. Sometimes items cannot be renewed, because your card has expired, it is too soon to renew them, another person has requested them, or they have been renewed too many times. If an item cannot be renewed, it should be returned to the library by the due date.
As part of the statewide MaineCat library network, Sawyer Library patrons have access to many more library collections around the state, including the University of Maine system, the University of New England, Bangor Public, Portland Public and Bates, Bowdoin and Colby Colleges.
Search by author, title, subject or keyword in the Minerva online catalog. If you don't find what you are looking for in the Sawyer Library collection, expand your search to include All Minerva Libraries by using the Location box drop-down list. When you find what you want, be sure the status says Available, then click the Request button at the top of the screen.