Parking Rules and Regulations
Welcome. This year's parking rules and regulations are simpler and easier to understand. There are a limited amount of parking spaces available creating a need for organized parking. There are six basic rules to follow to avoid getting ticketed:
1. Don't park in a Handicapped or Visitor Space if you are not handicapped or a visitor. Handicap parkers must display valid handicap placard or plate while parking.
2. Don't park in a Fire Lane.
3. Park only in paved parking spaces. Don't park on lawn or mud.
4. Observe the 20 mph speed limit on College Circle and the 15 mph speed limit near the resident halls.
5. Don't park in No Parking Zones or on the diagonal hash marks.
6. Every vehicle on Campus requires a decal unless it is a visitor vehicle. If a visitor vehicle is on Campus more than 2 hours, a temporary pass is required.
95% of all tickets can be avoided by observing these rules.
| Type of Parking Lot
| Resident Students
||10 and 13||Red|
| Commuter Students
||Lots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7A, 8, 9, and 12||Green|
|Faculty/Staff||Lots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7A, 8, 9, and 12||Blue|
| DDC Staff
||Lots 1,2,8, and 12 (marked visitor)
|| Pink Placard
All vehicles parked on Campus need a current parking decal or a Visitor's Pass. Parking decals are available by following this link. Visitor passes are available through both the RD/RAs and the Security Office. There is a $75 charge for decals and no charge for Visitor Passes. There is a requirement of providing the vehicle's registration though.
For detailed instructions on how to register your vehicle for on-campus parking, as well as where to place your parking sticker, please visit the Husson University Safety and Security Google Site.
Students who would like to file an appeal can do see by clicking here.
Please note: All appeals must be registered within 15 days of citation issuance.
Parking questions can be directed toward any security officer at:
|Name||Phone and Email||Address|
|Safety and Security Office
|Lower Level, Peabody Hall
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401