Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy
Coordinator of Regional Undergraduate Admissions, Admissions
Recruiter for Southern Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island regions
Assistant Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing
Audio Instructor / Live Sound Coordinator, NESCOM, NESCOM
Director of Physical Therapy Program, School of Physical Therapy, College of Health and Education
Professor, School of Physical Therapy
Suzanne conducts research into educational processes within physical therapy programs focusing on multicultural education and the assessment of cultural competency for program outcomes assessment. She has also established a record of qualitative research examining the discourses of higher education leadership.
* Allan, E., Gordon, S., & Iverson, S. (2006). Re/thinking practices of power: The discursive framing of leadership. The Chronicle of Higher Education. The Review of Higher Education, 29(5).
* Gordon, S. (2005). Making meaning of whiteness: a pedagogical approach for multicultural education. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 19(1), 21-28.
* Gordon, S.P., Iverson, S.V., & Allan, E.J. (2009). Chapter 5: The discursive framing of women leaders in higher education. In E.J. Allan, S.V. Iverson, & B. Ropers-Huilman (Eds.) Re/constructing Policy in Higher Education: Feminist Poststructural Perspectives and Policy Analysis. New York: Routledge.
* Gordon, S.P. (2013). Bridging the differences of diversity: Communicating in the borderlands, Chapter 6. In L. Hack and J. Gwyer (Eds.) Evidence into Practice: Integrating Judgment, Values, and Research. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company.
* Morren, K.K., Gordon, S.P., & Sawyer, B.A. (Winter 2008). The relationship between clinical instructor characteristics and students perceptions of clinical instructor effectiveness. Journal of Physical Therapy Education: 22(3), 52-63.
* Gordon, S. Embracing multicultural frameworks: Exploring perceptions of physical therapist educators who teach for multiculturalism. Presented at the APTA's Combined Sections Meeting, Boston, MA, February, 2007.
* Gordon, S., Blaisdell, C., Blois, A., Funk, L., Niles, C., & Weymouth, L. Cultural competence: Measuring program outcomes of physical therapist students. Presented at the APTA's Combined Sections Meeting, Boston, MA, February, 2007.
* Gordon, S., & Morren, K. An emergent mission: Examining the use of focus groups to support a culture of assessment. Presented at the APTA's Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA, February, 2005.
* Gordon, S., Morren, K., & Olson, P. The effectiveness of qualitative research in assessing program outcomes. Presented at the APTA's Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA, February, 2005.
* Allan, E., Gordon, S., & Iverson, S. Re/thinking practices of power: The discursive framing of leadership. Presented at the American Education Research Association, Montreal, April, 2005.
* Iverson, S.V., Gordon, S.P., & Allan, E.J. (April, 2007). The discursive framing of women and leadership in "The Chronicle of Higher Education.". Presented as part of a symposium, Glass ceilings and sticky floors: Women and advancement in higher education, at the 2007 Annual Meeting of the American Education Research Association, Chicago.
* Iverson, S.V., Allan, E.J., & Gordon, S.P. (November 18-20, 2010). The discursive framing of women and leadership in "The Chronicle of Higher Education". Paper presented at the 2010 ASHE (Association for the Study of Higher Education) Conference, Indianapolis.
* Gordon, S.P., Leavitt, R., & Sharby, N. (February 9, 2008). Educational model for developing multiculturalism and social justice advocacy. Invited 1.5 hour presentation as part of Current topics in multiculturalism and global health for faculty, clinicians, and students presentation supported by the Health Policy & Administration Section, 2008 APTA Combined Sections Meeting conference, Nashville.
* Gordon, S.P., Fein, B., Leavitt, R., & Sharby, N. (June 12, 2008). Educational model for developing multiculturalism and social justice advocacy. A 3.0 hour presentation presented at the 2008 APTA Annual Conference and Exposition, San Antonio.
* Gordon, S.P., & Morren, K. (February 9, 2012). Identities and practices of the exemplary clinical instructor: developing a theory of expertise. Platform presentation at the APTA 2012 Combined Sections Meeting, Chicago.
Audio Instructor, NESCOM, NESCOM