Safety and Security Officer
Husson University is seeking candidates to fill an on-call, Safety & Security Officer position. The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for the protection and safety of the students, staff and property of Husson University.
Job Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Routinely patrols & checks all buildings and grounds,
- Checks boilers, restarting as necessary, and reports problems to Maintenance,
- Monitors parking regulations and issues citations as necessary,
- Monitors University's main telephone answering machine when necessary,
- Directs traffic and controls parking during special events,
- Acts as liaison between the University and the local police department,
- Prepares incident reports as necessary,
- Handles computer reports and paperwork as assigned,
- Provides safety and security for special events,
- Responds to campus safety and security calls,
- And other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed, be able to work independently, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have good decision making skills, and be able to represent the University in a professional manner. The candidate should be familiar with the use of computers, 2-way radios, cell phones, safety & security equipment, and first aid procedures. A valid driver's license is required. Law enforcement, criminal justice, or security training is preferred.
If interested, please submit a resume and application to:
No phone calls please
Husson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bangor Campus
- Career Level
- Education Level
- High School
- Relevant Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related field
- Job Type
- Per diem
- Apply Before
- January 12, 2014 at 12:00 am