The payroll manager performs all tasks and activities necessary to process Husson University’s payroll. This includes but is not limited to; maintaining related records deductions, filing tax reports, preparing reports & documenting procedures. The payroll manager works closely with the Human Resources department to maintain and input accurate and timely information.
• Manages time and attendance software to ensure timely and accurate employee payroll submission to the payroll processing vendor;
• Produces payroll register for review and reconciliation to the general ledger;
• Initiates payment requests for payroll deductions and fringe benefits;
• Prepares reports relating to payroll and benefits on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Maintains premium statements in fringe benefits programs;
• Maintains and prepares entries related to employee vacation and sick time records;
• Prepares and distributes end of the year forms: (W-2’s for employees, etc.);
• Manages compliance and reporting to internal/external entities and prepares related correspondence;
• Assists the Human Resources office in verifications of employment on past and present employees;
• Monitors/enhances internal controls related to the payroll function;
• Performs reconciliations, prepares reports and maintains records of fixed asset activity;
Education and Experience:
BS preferred with a minimum of 5 years payroll experience with good organizational and customer service skills required. The ability to communicate well with all constituents and to maintain confidentiality with sensitive employee information.