Reporting to the President, the Director of Athletics is responsible for the vision, leadership, ongoing development, and strategic planning of Husson University’s entire intercollegiate athletics program. The Director of Athletics has operational responsibility for Husson’s 18 intercollegiate athletic programs in accordance with University policies and procedures and the North Atlantic Conference, Eastern Collegiate Football Conference and NCAA rules, regulations, and policies. The Director of Athletics must be committed to promoting academic and athletic achievement in a way that the program is fully integrated with the mission and vision of Husson University and the NCAA Division III philosophy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides leadership and direction for the administration of the men’s and women’s athletic programs in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the University, the NAC, ECFC and the NCAA.
• Develops the Athletic Department’s funding requirements and supervises the overall management and control of the approved fiscal year operating budget for all department finances.
• Supervises recruitment, selection, and assignment of responsibilities for all members of the department.
• Oversees programs in and operations for the Swan Center, Webber Pool, Newman Gymnasium, Winkin Complex, Boucher Field and O’Keefe Field.
• Oversees NCAA compliance of all student-athletes and the entire athletic program within the rules and regulations of the institution, NAC, ECFC and NCAA.
• Monitors academic standards and procedures and policies that promote the well-being of all student-athletes and provides oversight for STATS (Study Tables and Academic Training Services).
• Provides leadership, direction, and support for long term strategic planning initiatives for all areas including renovation, construction, and maintenance of facilities.
• Oversees the Circle of Wellness Program for Husson University faculty and staff.
• Provides leadership and direction for marketing, public/community relations and communications (including Sports Information, web-site, media) for all intercollegiate sports programs and athletic events.
• Participates in fundraising programs for the Athletic Department and University. Liaison with the Eagles Club through organization of the coaching staff’s efforts and the development and supervision of events and fundraising activities.
• Provides leadership and direction for all activities associated with Husson Sports Hall of Fame.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree.
• Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in administration of sports programs.
• Broad understanding of changes and trends in athletics education and practice.
• Affiliation and active engagement with professional organizations appropriate to the position.
• Knowledge and understanding of athletic administration at the collegiate level and commitment to excellence in academics and athletics.
• Working knowledge of NCAA Division III regulations and philosophy.
• Demonstrated commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
• Evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to shared governance and collaboration.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: