Husson University is seeking applicants for several open custodian positions.The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for the cleanliness of his/her designated area of the campus, and to be able to work safely, independently, and as a team toward that goal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Performs routine cleaning chores such as sweeping, mopping, and dusting.
•Operates floor maintenance equipment (washing, stripping, waxing).
•Cleans and restocks restrooms on a regular basis
•Empties trash and garbage containers regularly.
•Minor repairs on equipment (i.e. vacuum cleaners and dilution stations).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
Education and/or Experience:
Education: High school diploma preferred
Experience: Custodial experience preferred
Special Skills: Must be able to work independently with equipment and chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time (8 hours)
• Climbing multiple sets of stairs repeatedly throughout the day
• Repeated bending and squatting, reaching above your head
• Pushing and pulling (equipment and furniture)
• Repetitive motion (arms, hands, legs, shoulders)
• Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently during the day
• Exposure to fumes and odors
• Exposure to cold and heat for extended periods of time
Interested candidates please submit an application or resume to:
(no phone calls please)