The overall purpose of this job is to ensure that the cleanliness of all campus buildings and facilities is maintained at a high standard. The position is hands-on, working with and supervising the daily operation of all Husson custodial staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assign and supervise personnel.
- Maintain an inventory of custodial supplies and equipment.
- Provide instruction and training to personnel regarding use of cleaning supplies, cleaning methods and use of equipment.
- Assist custodial personnel with cleaning duties.
- Review and approve time cards of custodial personnel.
- Submit work orders to the Maintenance Department.
- Establish a cleaning schedule for each building to ensure that all campus facilities are cleaned and maintained as scheduled.
- Assist the custodians with cleaning and snow removal at building entrances.
- Follow and enforce Husson policies as they pertain to custodial staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required.
Basic computer experience is required with knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Two years previous work experience with demonstrated leadership and supervising abilities preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and/or REQUIREMENTS
Valid driver’s license.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Ability to work independently or with a team, and maintain cohesion of custodial and supervisory team.
Reliable attendance and diligence to the job at hand.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least 3 references to:
(no phone calls please)