Early College Access Program (ECAP) for High School Students
Husson University supports the interests of high school students who wish to enroll in college courses in order to begin college with transfer credits that can count toward an academic program. Husson offers the Early College Access Program (ECAP) for high school students, allowing access to a broad array of classes at a substantial savings from standard tuition rates. Students may enroll in up to two (2) courses per semester as long as published prerequisite requirements have been met and space is available. Courses are available on site in Bangor, Westbrook and Presque Isle, or online statewide. Husson University will evaluate applicants and waive standard tuition charges for each course if the student meets entrance requirements.
ECAP Program Application Requirements:
1. Be a current high school junior or senior. Students may enroll in up to two classes a semester and take a maximum of twenty-one credits. Seniors may take classes through the spring semester of the senior year but are not allowed to take any summer classes through the ECAP program, however they can take classes at the regular cost.
2. Cumulative GPA of at least 80 or equivalent.
3. Completed ECAP Program application.
4. ECAP tuition fee of $100 ECAP per course.
Eligible students will be registered for course(s) on a space available basis, after full-time Husson students have registered for the given semester. The university reserves the right to cancel any course due to low enrollment. Course offerings can be found here.
ECAP students will be responsible for:
• Purchasing the textbook(s) used in each course.
• Complying with Husson University academic and student life policies.
• Transportation to and from class.
At the completion of each course, Husson University will create an official transcript noting the completed enrollment. To request a transcript, please go to www.husson.edu/academics/registrar/transcript-request.
For specific information on ECAP, please contact the Admissions Office.
||Phone and Email||Address|
Director of Admissions - Northern New England Territory
| 122 O'Donnell Commons
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401